The temperature outside is rising high day by day. Heat is just increasing; summers bring in the unwanted tan, skin problems to human body. We often eat less and keep our diet light – be it food /drinks/ dessert. Here is one of my favourite dessert recipes; I would love to share with you all – Mud cup Mishti Doi. In English we would say “Sweet Yogurt”. It is a Bengali dessert, for an authentic taste would recommend trying it from Kolkata. Only, drawback is you need to wait over night to enjoy this white sweet dish.
- 1tbsp. live yogurt culture
- 450ml thick cream milk
- ½ tsp. saffron
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Crush saffron strands, add them to 1 /2 cup milk and leave it aside. Crushing saffron will help to release its flavour.
- Take a deep vessel; add remaining milk, sugar once milk gets a boil.
- Let the milk boil until reduced to half of its volume, add saffron milk and bring two boils.
- Turn of the flame and let the milk cool down
- Now take the live culture yogurt, whisk it well and add it to the cooled milk.
- Mix them well, add to the mud cups and sprinkle saffron strands on top.
- Cover them and store in a warm place for 10 hours.
- Once the mixture becomes thick, you would know when it sets into the cup.
- The store in refrigerator and serve it cold.