I am an insurance agent but really enjoy eating a lot. Shahi Paneer is one of my favourite Indian dishes. I enjoy having it with Roti or Naan. I just came across a wonderful recipe for Shahi Paneer so I thought I must share it with all those who follow my blog. You can now enjoy Shahi Paneer even at home.
- Cottage Cheese/Paneer (cut into cubes) – 250gms
- Clarified Butter- 3 tbsp
- Green Chilli (slit lengthwise)- 1 in number
- Ginger (finely chopped)- 1 inch piece
- Tomatoes (chopped)- 4
- Onions (grated)- 1
- Brown Cardamoms (Crushed)- 2
- Beaten Curd- ½ Cup
- Bay Leaf- 1
- Cashew Nut Paste- 2 tbsps
- Cumin Powder- ½ tsp
- Chilli Powder- ½ tsp
- Garam Masala- ¾ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Milk- ½ Cup
- Tomato Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)- 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
- Soak cashew nuts in water for two hours. Then grind these nuts into a fine paste.
- In a kadai, heat two tablespoons of ghee. Add brown cardamom, onion, ginger and green chilli. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. You may then add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- You must then add cashew paste and curd and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool these ingredients. Add water to this mixture and grind in the grinder. Strain the puree.
- You must then take a frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of ghee to it. Add this paste to the pan and cook for another few minutes until the oil separates.
- To this puree, you must then add cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt, tomato sauce and garam masala. Add enough water so that a thick gravy can be formed.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on a low flame. Remove from the flame.
- When you serve the dish, heat the gravy again, and add cubes of Paneer to this gravy.
- You must then add milk and cook for a few minutes.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot. The delicious Shahi Paneer is ready.